Cake Decorating - Mod Podge Style

062

At the beginning of the month I found this awesome cake pan at the outlet mall.  Do you remember these?  It brought back memories of rice cereal treats and yummy brownies.  Even though the lid didn’t slide, thankfully it pops on and off, I knew I had to get at least one! Once I got it home I noticed that the top showed fingerprint smudges and it just looked too plain.  Mod Podge to the rescue!

044

First I cut to cover and applied a few pages from an old cookbook I found.  Guess where I found it, on my book shelf.  Apparently when Teagan was still in school his Art teacher had given it to him (don’t ask, I still don’t get it).   What a cookbook it is; there’s actually a cookie recipe with Catsup in the title…ewwww!  I’m going to be writing more on it later. 

047

Once they were on I added a supersized cake graphic from The Graphics Fairy and that’s all the she wrote!

Notes of Interest:

  •   Pay attention to your edges!  While your cake wouldn’t normally be touching the outside of the lid, and it definitely shouldn’t be going into the oven, this is still a vessel for food so you might not want to be heavy handed with the MP.
  •   Don’t go crazy with the brush across your printed images, at least not with your initial layer of MP.  The colors might smear and you will be so disappointed with yourself.  Trust me on this one.
  • Use a damp rag to wash, or I’m sure there is a way to seal it, if you’re so inclined.
  • This could easily be customized to make a great gift on the fly and on the cheap…I only paid $10 for the pan!

070

Visit my Linky Parties page to find out

where I like to share projects like this one!

Comments

  1. Great job- I love it!!
    and ps- love the new look!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to dress up a pan! I love the cake graphic you used! Coming over from The Graphics Fairy and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Great revamp, and I love the graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab project. Don't you just love the graphics fairy? I would love it if you would link up your cake graphic project to cowgirl up, one party, four blogs at cedarhillranch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I love it!!! Your blog looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I just moved and found all kinds of "things" that I need to repurpose or recycle. I've been doing the modge podge with some artwork lately. I think I'm going to write some poems and use that as the background and then put a photo on top.... Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to try out mod podge. Thanks for sharing your pretty work at Bacon Time. Hope to see you again on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me!

Popular Posts